Last Update 09/10/2023
Thanks for your interest in Optimo Grips. Below you'll find the answers to commonly asked questions, if you don't find what you're looking for please contact us through our contact page.
Optimo Grips are the new worldwide training phenomenon designed to reduce strain and increase neuromuscular activation so you can build upper body muscle and strength, faster.
They work by wrapping around barbells, dumbbells, bars, bands, cables and increasing the diameter thus making it more ergonomic and challenging.
Unlike standard, cylindrical barbells and dumbbells, the design of Optimo Grips is defined by the ergonomics of your hand. This makes them more comfortable for a wider range of gym enthusiasts than any other fat grip or thick grip.
The wing-shaped palm support reduces pressure while a thicker grip forces more muscle to activate during lifting leading to better pumps and faster muscle gains.
The Optimo Grips allow you to build upper body strength and muscle while reducing strain on hands and wrist so you can get more out of every rep.
The difference between the two models is mainly the diameter but the feel is relatively the same. The Optimo Pro are thicker and heavier than Optimo One.
The Optimo One measures at 1.6 inches thick and are meant to fit most hands for men and women. The Optimo Pro are 2.25" inches thick and will probably not fit small hands.
The Optimo Pro grips challenges your grip and forearm and whole upper body through muscle irradiation. The weight has to be moderated due to the increased size of diameter.
The Optimo One are great functional strength training and light to heavy weight.
Unlike other cylindrical grips the design of Optimo Grips is defined by the ergonomics of your hand. This makes them more comfortable for a wider range of gym enthusiasts than any other fat grip or thick grip.
The materials used in Optimo One have been engineered to maximize your grip strength and minimize discomfort, ensuring you get the best performance during your workouts.
Optimo One also include a built-in ergonomic wing that enhances stability, allowing you to adjust your grip, control your lifting technique, and optimize your workouts effortlessly.
No, Optimo Grips are not limited to arm exercises. While they can certainly enhance arm-focused workouts, they are versatile and can be used for a wide range of exercises targeting various muscle groups. Optimo Grips can be applied to exercises for the chest, back, shoulders, and more. Their ergonomic design and grip-enhancing features make them suitable for both upper and lower body workouts, allowing you to optimize your performance across different exercises and muscle groups.
Yes, Optimo Grips are designed with your safety and comfort in mind. Our grips feature an innovative wing shape design that perfectly conforms to the natural contours of your hand, providing exceptional palm support. This unique anatomical design not only enhances your grip but also reduces strain and discomfort on your hands and wrists during workouts. With Optimo Grips, you can exercise with confidence, knowing that the palm support feature and ergonomic design contribute to a secure and comfortable hold, helping you achieve your fitness goals safely.
Yes, Optimo Grips not only enhance your workout performance but also contribute to a more hygienic gym experience. Gym equipment can harbor bacteria and germs, increasing the risk of infections and illnesses. Using Optimo Grips creates a protective barrier between your hands and potentially unclean surfaces, promoting a cleaner and more hygienic workout environment. It's a smart choice for those who prioritize their health and wellness while training.
Optimo Grips can potentially help reduce discomfort and pain during workouts, particularly in the hands and wrists. Here are some facts related to pain relief and the benefits of using Optimo Grips:
- Reduced Hand and Wrist Discomfort: The ergonomic design of Optimo Grips, with their anatomical wing shape, can reduce strain on your hands and wrists during exercises, making your workouts more comfortable.
- Enhanced Grip Comfort: The grips' unique design not only aids grip strength but also improves comfort. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who experience hand or wrist pain when lifting weights.
- Better Joint Support: Using Optimo Grips can provide better joint support, helping to alleviate pain associated with joint stress during exercises like curls, rows, and presses.
- Increased Training Duration: Reduced discomfort and pain can allow you to train for longer durations without discomfort, potentially leading to more effective workouts.
- Improved Overall Well-Being: By minimizing discomfort, Optimo Grips contribute to an overall more enjoyable and pain-free workout experience, which can positively impact your motivation and consistency in your fitness routine.
While Optimo Grips can help alleviate some pain and discomfort associated with weightlifting, it's essential to consult with a healthcare professional if you have specific medical concerns or chronic pain issues. Additionally, proper form, technique, and warm-up are essential for preventing exercise-related injuries and discomfort.
Optimo One Grips, including the Optimo Pro Thick Grips, are made from premium, durable silicone. This material is chosen for its superior grip, comfort, and long-lasting quality. It ensures that the grips are both effective in enhancing your workouts and capable of withstanding the demands of regular use.
Yes, Optimo Fitness Ergonomics does sponsor athletes and events. Please email email@example.com with your details.
Bodybuilders often use Optimo Grips for several reasons:
- Improved Grip Strength: Optimo Grips provide a more ergonomic and comfortable grip, which can help bodybuilders maintain a stronger and more secure hold on weights during lifting exercises. This can lead to better control and more effective workouts.
- Reduced Strain and Discomfort: The ergonomic wing design of Optimo Grips helps reduce strain on the wrists and joints, making it easier for bodybuilders to perform exercises without experiencing discomfort or pain.
- Enhanced Muscle Engagement: Optimo Grips can facilitate better muscle engagement by allowing for a more natural wrist and hand position. This can lead to more effective muscle activation during workouts.
- Versatility: These grips can be used with various types of weightlifting equipment, such as dumbbells, barbells, and cable attachments, making them versatile for different exercises and training routines.
- Injury Prevention: Using Optimo Grips can help reduce the risk of injuries, such as calluses and blisters, that can occur from prolonged weightlifting sessions.
Overall, Optimo Grips can contribute to a more comfortable, effective, and safe weightlifting experience for bodybuilders, helping them achieve their fitness goals more efficiently.
You can use Optimo Grips for various weightlifting exercises and equipment, including:
- Dumbbells: Attach Optimo Grips to dumbbells to improve your grip and make exercises like curls and presses more effective.
- Barbells: Use Optimo Grips with barbells to enhance your grip strength during exercises like bench presses and rows.
- Cable Attachments: Attach Optimo Grips to cable handles for exercises like arm curls and triceps pushdowns.
- Pull-Up Bars: Wrap Optimo Grips around pull-up bars to make pull-ups and chin-ups more challenging and effective.
- Kettlebells: Slip Optimo Grips onto kettlebell handles to improve your grip during kettlebell swings, snatches, and other kettlebell exercises.
- Resistance Bands: Use Optimo Grips with resistance bands to improve your grip when performing various resistance band exercises.
Overall, Optimo Grips can be a valuable addition to your workout routine, helping you improve your grip strength and make the most of your weightlifting and resistance training exercises.
The frequency of using Optimo Grips, or thick grip handles, in your workouts can vary depending on your training goals and preferences. Here are some guidelines:
- Regular Use: Many people incorporate Optimo Grips into their workouts regularly, using them for a variety of exercises. For example, you can use them for some sets of exercises that target grip strength or as an occasional variation in your routine.
- Targeted Grip Training: If improving grip strength is a specific goal, you might use Optimo Grips more frequently. You can use them for exercises like deadlifts, rows, and pull-ups to challenge your grip on a regular basis.
- Periodic Variation: Others may use Optimo Grips periodically as a way to add variety to their workouts. You can introduce them for a few weeks, then switch back to regular handles for a change of pace.
- Listen to Your Body: It's essential to listen to your body. If you start to feel excessive strain or discomfort from using Optimo Grips too often, consider adjusting your frequency or technique.
Ultimately, how often you use Optimo Grips should align with your fitness goals and what feels right for your training routine. It's a good idea to consult with a fitness professional or trainer to create a plan tailored to your specific needs.
Optimo Grips can contribute to building bigger biceps through several mechanisms:
- Improved Grip Strength: When you use Optimo Grips, they create a thicker handle, requiring your biceps to work harder to maintain a secure grip on the weight. This increased grip demand can lead to stronger forearm and bicep muscles over time.
- Enhanced Muscle Engagement: The thicker grip provided by Optimo Grips forces your hand and wrist into a more open position, which can lead to greater muscle activation in the biceps. This increased muscle engagement can result in a more effective bicep workout.
- Variation and Overload: Introducing Optimo Grips into your workout routine adds variety and can help break plateaus. When you challenge your muscles with different stimuli, such as thicker grips, it can lead to muscle growth as your body adapts to new forms of stress.
- Reduced Wrist Strain: Optimo Grips also reduce strain on your wrists and forearms, allowing you to focus more on the bicep contraction during exercises. This can enable you to perform more repetitions and lift heavier weights, which can contribute to muscle growth.
To maximize the benefits, consider incorporating Optimo Grips into bicep-specific exercises like curls and hammer curls. However, it's essential to maintain a balanced workout routine that targets all aspects of bicep development, including various exercises and rep ranges, along with proper nutrition and recovery, to achieve the best results.
Optimo Grips can play a role in your muscle-building journey. They add a unique challenge to your workouts, potentially enhancing muscle activation and growth. However, remember that they are just one piece of the puzzle. To truly build mass, combine Optimo Grips with a well-rounded training program and a balanced diet for the best results.
The choice between thicker and thinner grips, such as Optimo One Grips and Optimo Pro Grips, depends on your specific fitness goals and personal preferences:
- Thicker Grips (Optimo Pro Grips): Thicker grips like Optimo Pro Grips can increase the challenge on your grip strength and engage your forearm and biceps muscles more intensively. They are beneficial for individuals aiming to improve grip strength and overall arm development. Thicker grips can also add variety to your workouts making them enjoyable and engaging.
- Thinner Grips (Optimo One Grips): Thinner grips like Optimo One Grips provide a more traditional grip experience and may feel more comfortable for some individuals, especially during exercises that require precision and control. They are versatile and suitable for a wide range of exercises.
Ultimately, the choice between thicker and thinner grips depends on your training objectives and what feels best for you. You can incorporate both types into your workouts as needed, adjusting based on the exercises and muscle groups you want to target. Variety in your training can be a valuable tool for well-rounded muscle development and overall fitness.
Here's a concise summary of the benefits of Optimo Pro Thick Grips:
- Accelerated Muscle Growth: Optimo Pro Thick Grips are designed to activate more muscle fibers in your arms and upper body, leading to faster muscle growth and strength gains compared to standard bars.
- Ergonomic Wing Shape: These grips feature an anatomical wing shape that conforms to your hand's natural contours. This design reduces strain on your hands and wrists while enhancing your grip, ensuring maximum comfort and effectiveness during workouts.
- Versatile Thickness Options: Optimo Grips offer versatility with two thickness options - medium and thick. You can choose the thickness that best suits your training needs, whether you prefer a moderate grip increase or a more substantial challenge.
- Easy Installation: Transforming your existing barbells, dumbbells, cables, and bands into powerful training tools is quick and effortless with Optimo Pro Thick Grips. Installation takes seconds, allowing for smooth transitions between sets and supersets, elevating your weight training experience.
- Premium Quality: Crafted from premium, durable silicone, Optimo Pro Thick Grips stand out from cheap rubber alternatives. The superior grip not only enhances your workout but also enables longer, more comfortable training sessions.
These benefits collectively make Optimo Pro Thick Grips a valuable addition to your fitness equipment, helping you achieve your muscle-building and strength-training goals more effectively.
Optimo Grips have earned their reputation as the #1 choice for bench pressing, thanks to their innovative ergonomic wing design. This design offers numerous benefits, including unparalleled palm support and a significant reduction in pressure on your hands and wrists during bench presses.
- Ergonomic Wing Design: The unique anatomical wing shape of Optimo Grips perfectly conforms to the contours of your hand, providing exceptional palm support.
- Reduced Pressure: By evenly distributing the pressure, these grips minimize discomfort and strain on your hands and wrists, allowing you to focus on your bench press form and lift more effectively.
- Enhanced Grip: In addition to reducing discomfort, the ergonomic design enhances your grip on the barbell, ensuring a secure hold and improved control over the weight.
- Effective Muscle Engagement: With Optimo Grips, you can maintain proper hand positioning, promoting more effective muscle engagement in your chest, shoulders, and triceps during bench presses.
- Versatile and Comfortable: These grips easily attach to barbells, making them suitable for various bench press variations. Their comfort-enhancing features make them the preferred choice for those who value both safety and performance during their workouts.
In summary, Optimo Grips' ergonomic wing design provides unrivaled palm support and significantly reduces pressure on your hands and wrists, making them the top choice for bench pressing enthusiasts seeking both comfort and effectiveness.
The size of Optimo Grips you should get depends on your personal preferences and training goals. Optimo Grips come in two size options: medium and thick. Here's a general guideline to help you choose:
- Optimo One (1.6 inch thick): Optimo One Grips have a thickness of 1.6 inches. These grips offer a moderate increase in grip size, making them suitable for individuals who want to add some challenge to their workouts without a substantial increase in grip thickness. They are versatile and can be used for various exercises.
- Optimo Pro (2.25 inch thick): Optimo Pro Grips are thicker, measuring 2.25 inches. These grips provide a more substantial challenge to your grip strength and forearm muscles. They are an excellent choice for those seeking a significant increase in grip thickness and aiming to target their grip strength specifically.
When choosing between Optimo One and Optimo Pro Grips, consider your training goals, comfort level, and the specific exercises you plan to perform. Some individuals prefer to have both options available to use for different purposes and exercises. Ultimately, the choice should align with your fitness objectives and personal preferences.
The "best" Optimo Grip workout can vary depending on your fitness goals, here's a breakdown:
- Versatile Upper Body Workout: Optimo One Grips, with a moderate thickness, can be used for a wide range of upper body exercises, such as bench presses, dumbbell curls, overhead presses, and tricep extensions. They add a comfortable challenge to your grip.
- Arm-Centric Workout: Optimo Pro Grips, with their substantial thickness, excel in enhancing arm-focused exercises. Incorporate them into your bicep and tricep workouts for a unique challenge. Try thick grip curls, tricep rope pushdowns, and hammer curls with Optimo Pro Grips to engage your arm muscles more effectively.
This approach targets your arm muscles while simultaneously improving grip strength, making your arm workouts more comprehensive and challenging. As always, adjust the intensity based on your fitness level and ensure proper form to maximize results.
Yes, a thicker barbell can indeed be better for your workouts, especially a standard barbell enhanced with grips like Optimo Grips. Here's why:
- Enhanced Muscle Engagement: Thicker barbells, when used with Optimo Grips, require a more substantial grip strength. This results in increased muscle engagement in your hands, forearms, and upper arms during exercises. This can lead to improved muscle development and strength gains.
- Progressive Resistance: Thicker barbells provide an opportunity for progressive resistance training. As your grip strength and overall strength improve, you can gradually increase the thickness of the barbell, ensuring continuous progress in your workouts.
- Variation and Plateau Breaking: Thicker barbells add variety to your training routine. They can help you break through plateaus and challenge your muscles in new ways, preventing workout stagnation.
- Improved Grip: Thicker barbells with Optimo Grips offer a secure and comfortable grip. This not only enhances your performance but also reduces the risk of injury due to slipping or poor grip.
However, it's important to note that the choice of a thicker barbell should align with your fitness goals and preferences. Thicker barbells may not be suitable for all exercises or individuals, so it's essential to incorporate them thoughtfully into your workout routine based on your specific needs.